Mentor, A Siemens Business Applications Engineer - 6974 in Bangalore, India
Applications Engineer - 6974
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Applications Engineer - 6974
Job Location: India - Bangalore
Job Category: Sales
Mentor Graphics is recruiting for an Application Engineer to join us in our Bangalore office.
Work with customers as a world leader in electronic design automation solutions, providing services for the world's largest electronics and semiconductor companies. Continue to learn and support state of the art, Mentor Graphics emulation tools. This position will provide technical selling support to the sales team. As an Emulation Applications Engineer, you will contribute to our success by assisting in the sales and deployment of Mentor Graphics emulation and verification products as well as by increasing customer satisfaction and productivity both on-site and remotely.
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise. Requires working directly with customers as a part of the sales team during product evaluations to ensure technical milestones are met.
• Promote technical customer service to build and improve customer relationships to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities and requirements.
• Provide feedback and product ideas to our emulation product development teams.
• Troubleshoot and remove technical obstacles.
• Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates.
• Communicate customers' technical requirements to product marketing.
• Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with our customers
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree EE or equivalent with several years’ experience in a design engineering role focusing on functional verification; including emulation and event based simulation, or recent experience as an Applications Engineer in a relevant field.
• Chip/ASIC design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, RTL, behavioral coding and general ASIC debug.
• C programming desirable. SystemC and C++ used in conjunction with chip design and verification highly desired.
• Must have previous experience with industry emulation solutions, as well as simulation environments using Questa, NCSim, VCS, Verisity Specman, VERA, OVM or UVM
• Knowledge of Transaction Level Modeling and methodologies would be beneficial.
• Previous experience with automation/scripting (Perl, sed, awk, tcl/tk, sh).
• Excellent communication skills and have the ability to provide training and demos to customers.
• Willing to travel to drive business engagements as required.