Mentor, A Siemens Business Lead/Senior Embedded Test Engineer - 8169 in Bangalore, India
Lead/Senior Embedded Test Engineer - 8169
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Lead/Senior Embedded Test Engineer - 8169
Job Location: India - Bangalore
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
In this position, you will be responsible for leading a software test team or technology to ensure the highest quality of software.
• Serve as the Quality team interface to Product/Services Development team and Management.
• For specific projects, communicate the test strategy, tactical execution plans, and test results to various functional groups.
• Develop and execute Software test plans and test cases.
• Create tests using Linux shell scripting, Perl, Python, C and C++.
• Analyze test results and debug test failures.
• Consult with development engineers on debugging and defect resolution.
• Drive the test automation strategy by architecting new solutions, maintaining existing test automation code and providing hands on direction.
Qualifications and Skills:
• B.E. / B.Tech. In CS/ETC/EE or equivalent qualifications.
• 5+ years’ experience in Embedded Linux Software Testing.
• Good understanding and expertise on both whitebox and black box software testing.
• Good domain knowledge and experience in testing the embedded Linux kernel, kernel subsystems, and user space applications.
• Good experience on testing ARM based board, preferable NXP i.MX6/7 series platform.
• Understanding of Linux source code and Strong experience in Shell/Python Scripting/C to write automated test cases.
• Experience in developing Test automation harness utilizing the best of OSS for Embedded Linux QA.
• Hands-on experience in Yocto Open-embedded based software development and testing.
• Experience with open source test tools for example but not limited to LTP, LAVA, Linaro-Test, pTest etc.
• Experience on working with complete CI System to support to support continuous development, integration and Testing.
• Have a sound understanding of test methodologies. Familiar with test planning, matrix definition, and test case specifications.
• Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Experience of using GDB/JTAG/BDI/DS5 is desirable.
• Knowledge of SCM activities using GIT and developing different build &test jobs using Jenkins.
• Good understanding of the following concepts: Cross vs Native Development, File system Layout, Kernel Configuration, Linux Memory Model, IPC, and Kernel-Userland Communications etc.
• Should be innovative in solving analytical problems. Must be self-motivated, interested in working as part of a team, and able to work in a distributed team.
• Demonstrated leadership ability to develop schedules, plan activities for self and others and work well with other functional teams.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and able to manage time extremely well.
• Candidate should be able to recommend process improvements and technical solutions to a wide range of problems
• Experience in creating tools that QA group can use to add value to testing efforts and processes