Mentor, A Siemens Business Product Validation Engineer - 9587 in Cairo, Egypt
Product Validation Engineer - 9587
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Product Validation Engineer - 9587
Job Location: Egypt - Cairo
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
• Aim to reach a high quality level for the A/MS waveform viewer (EZWave)/Calculator.
• Responsible for the test plan definition and participate in quality plan definition of each release in coordination with development and marketing teams.
• Create test cases to evaluate new features using Java.
• Analyze defects reported by customers and automate their test cases.
• Run the adequate tests, analyze the test reports, make the diagnosis of problems, report them to development teams and possibly suggest the way to solve them.
• Consider different quality attributes (FURPS) while validating the various products with special emphasis on Usability (GUI) attributes.
• Measure the test coverage and suggest improvements.
• Measure performance aspects and monitor improvement.
• Use products as a designer and report issues and suggestions to enhance them.
• Work closely with the development team to optimize the development and validation cycle time in an Agile process.
• B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer or Electronic Engineering, with minimum of very good with honors.
• 0-5 years of experience.
• Strong knowledge of Java and OOP concepts.
• Some experience in designing/testing software with graphical user interfaces is an asset.
• Familiar with designing simple electronic circuits or boards (with use of simulation tools).
• Knowledge or interest in QA methodologies and development tools (version management, defect management, or test coverage) is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Analog IC design flow is a plus.
• Python, Shell Scripting and UNIX knowledge is a plus.
• Knowledge in multithreading and performance measurement methodologies is a plus.
• Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-Motivated, attentive to details and able to work independently.