Mentor, A Siemens Business Application Engineering Consultant- AMS - 8148 in Fremont, California
Application Engineering Consultant- AMS - 8148
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 8148
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineering Consultant- AMS - 8148
Job Location: US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Applications Engineering
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Mentor Graphics analog/mixed-signal (AMS) circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in circuit simulation and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning), as well as solid communication skills.
The Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The Application Engineer must align with Account Managers to exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
The successful candidate must be able to travel to cover multiple accounts.
As an Application Engineer for AMS, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Mentor Graphics AMS software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical activities, e.g.
- Assess how our products meet customer needs
- Prepare product specifications for development
- Assist customer evaluation of our technologies
- Develop and deliver demonstrations and technical presentations
- Develop and install customized applications or solutions
- On-site customer support when issues arise
- Document and track customer issues and work with R&D to resolve them
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams, and customers to identify business opportunities
- Leverage technical expertise and work directly with customers, at the appropriate management level, to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including R&D, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition
- Communicate frequently with peers and management on progress against technical sales plans
- Communicate with product engineering on issues that impact customer productivity, including product reliability, new features, etc.
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required, MS degree (or equivalent) is preferred
- 5+ years analog or mixed-signal design engineering experience
- Broad understanding of analog or mixed-signal design methodologies and tool flows, such as SPICE, Fast-SPICE, and mixed-signal/mixed-language
- Proven ability to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of building and maintaining exceptional customer relationships
- Experience with IC schematic and layout tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Pyxis® or Cadence® Virtuoso®
- Experience with analog simulators, such as Mentor Graphics® Eldo® and Analog FastSPICE™, Cadence® Spectre®, and Synopsys® HSPICE®
- Experience with mixed-signal circuit simulation tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Questa ADMS™, Cadence® AMS Designer
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Experience with scripting (SKILL preferred) or C programming required
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exposure to a sales and applications environment is a plus
- Travel is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.