Mentor, A Siemens Business Financial Analyst - MED – 9679 in Fremont, California
Financial Analyst - MED – 9679
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 9679
Job Category Finance
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Financial Analyst - MED – 9679
Job Location: USA - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Finance
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Mentor Emulation Division currently has a great opportunity for a Financial Analyst in Fremont, CA. This position will have an active role in the monthly reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting, budgeting, and forecasting, as well as month end, quarter end and year end closings.
As an important part of MED Finance team, the Financial Analyst provides timely, accurate and insightful financial analyses to support various areas of MED’s growing business. Successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, high-level energy and motivation, and impeccable attention to details.
• Assist with preparation of quarterly financial forecasts and annual budgets
• Provide variance analysis in OPEX and Headcount
• Assist in month-end, quarter end, and year end closings as well as preparation of required audit schedules and account reconciliations
• Preparing month-end journal entries and variance analysis
• Perform periodic and ad-hoc financial analyses and provide timely, accurate and insightful summaries to MED’s management team
• Supporting Division-wide or company-wide financial projects
Reports to Division Controller. Occasional travel required
• BS degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA is a plus with 5+ years of experience in Finance and Cost Accounting
• Must be a team-player and be able to regularly interact well with peers and business partners
• Good organization skills, an attention to detail with a high accuracy level and the ability to function under strict deadlines
• Must be proactive and consistently demonstrate initiative
• Advanced Excel, Word, Power Point
• Experience using SAP and Hyperion a plus
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Fremont site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.