Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Applications Engineer - 9731 in Fremont, California
Senior Applications Engineer - 9731
Work Location US - CA, Fremont
Req ID 9731
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Applications Engineer - 9731
Job Location: USA - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Applications Engineering
As a Calibre Design-to-Silicon Platform Applications Engineer, you will work with account teams to drive the adoption of Mentor Graphics Calibre software. This includes, but is not limited to the following activities.
• Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
• Illustrate the value Mentor Graphics brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor Graphics' Calibre family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
• Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Calibre products.
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
• Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
• Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
• Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
• Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred.
• Experience: 5+ years of hands-on (user) Physical Verification, Extraction, Electrical Rule Checking, DFM implementation experience (ideally Calibre); Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
• Experience: 2+ years of development in Physical Verification, Extraction, Electrical Rule Checking, DFM implementation experience (ideally Calibre); Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
• Broad understanding of Physical Implementation (P&R), Custom/Analog Design and PV/Extraction/DFM methodologies and flows including tie-in to library characterization, static timing, EM/IR drop analysis and flows
• Must enjoy working with customers and in large team environment
• Expert level scripting / programming skills;
• A working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
• Motivated team player/leader
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.