Mentor, A Siemens Business Legal Counsel - Labor and Employment - 9023 in Frimley, United States
Legal Counsel - Labor and Employment - 9023
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Legal Counsel -Labor and Employment -9023
Job Location: UK – Frimley
Job Category: Legal
• Provide legal support for all Labor/Employment needs of a global company.
• Prepare legal documents, including separation agreements, policies, incentive plans, legal memos, responses to charges of discrimination, and employment agreements.
• Provide counsel to human resources and executive management on Labor/Employment matters, including employee relations, recruiting and hiring, harassment and discrimination, policies, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, government audits, reductions inforce, wage and hour matters, and non-competition agreements.
• Proactively monitor and advise business clients on labor and employment laws across the U.S. and globally.
• Minimal oversight of litigation and outside counsel.
• Mid-level attorney with 5-10 years of experience practicing labor and employment law.
• Will report to head of labor and employment law group for Siemens PLM Software. Mentor Graphics operates as part of the Siemens PLM Software business.
• Position requires strong counseling and advice skills, broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws, familiarity with international labor and employment laws, ability to prepare and present training, knowledge of online research tools, and the ability to address legal issues proactively.
• Candidate must be able to work independently in a team oriented culture.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with managers and department leaders.
• International experience required; Prior in-house experience preferred.
• Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law and ability to obtain a restricted license to practice as an in-house attorney
• This is an ongoing part-time position for approximately 30 hours per week in Siemens PL Frimley,Surrey headquarters office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.