Mentor, A Siemens Business Product Engineer - 8755 in Hyderabad, India
Product Engineer - 8755
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Product Engineer - 8755
Job Location: India - Hyderabad
Job Category: Product Marketing
We are seeking a dynamic and professional product engineer (PE), who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced, technical, and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on product and deployment scalability of the Questa Static Verification products including lint, clock-domain crossing and reset-domain crossing. In this position you will be working closely with product development teams, marketing managers, application engineers and customers. This will include some domestic and international travel are required.
Defining product features and methodology
As a PE you will be defining feature and product requirements for the static verification products to address current and emerging design challenges. You will be working closely with product development and marketing teams to connect these challenges with Mentor’s current and emerging technical solutions. You will also be guiding customer on static verification methodologies and drive product rollout to evolve the next generation products and solutions.
Supporting marketing activities
The PE will work closely with marketing teams to perform market research, product positioning and creating supporting presentation materials. You will present and demonstrate the Questa Verification products in conferences, seminars and events. After initial product deployment, join marketing to determine, develop and refine a path to reproducible sales and proliferation the static solutions.
Working with customers
You will be working with multiple customers to understand their challenges and flows. Your ability to be maintain customer relationships will help make you effective in this role. Customer facing activities include product demonstrations, training, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. The PE plays an active role in developing solutions to solve customer problems based on their insight into the customers’ environment.
Ideally, you will be a seasoned Design or Verification Engineer who has knowledge of RTL design and verification methodologies. Additional responsibilities include:
• Managing technical relationships with Mentor’s existing customer base. Developing a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with both our customers and the product engineering teams.
• Delivering technical presentations, demonstrations and training to a range of audiences from users to managers to decision-makers
• Influencing product direction by gathering customer requirements and meeting and advising the product development and marketing teams
• Participating in new feature specification, development, and validation process to ensure the product will meet the requirements of the customers
• 5-year ASIC and/or FPGA design experience including RTL design, functional verification, and debug process
• Programming experience using Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL, TCL/TK, and Perl.
• Understanding of EDA tools, such as QuestaSim, Synopsys Design Compiler, PrimeTime, SpyGlass tools, Cadence NC, Jasper, etc
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
• Occasional travel is required
• Education: B.S.E.E or equivalent; M.S.E.E. preferred or equivalent