Mentor, A Siemens Business Applications Engineering Consultant - 9074 in Irvine, California
Applications Engineering Consultant - 9074
Work Location US - CA, Irvine
Req ID 9074
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Applications Engineering Consultant - 9074
Job Location: USA - CA - Irvine
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Learn, use, and support state of the art Mentor Graphics’ Olympus-SoC Place and Route (PnR a.k.a Physical Design) tools at several different customers. Daily activities focus on using the tools at advanced nodes such as 20nm, and 16nm, exchanging ideas with other application engineers, helping users find solutions to their physical design challenges, and debugging issues with the tools, customer designs, and flow scripts. Olympus SoC is being quietly used for PnR by a number of large fabless semiconductor companies for the very largest and most challenging designs at the most advanced process nodes.
The Place & Route Applications Engineer will be responsible for:
• Supporting sales activity with product demonstrations, evaluations, competitive benchmarking, and identifying alignment between customer needs and Mentor Graphics products.
• Providing technical support to customers including technical problem resolution and training.
• Communicating customers’ technical requirements to product marketing.
• Assisting customers with their software evaluations and benchmarks.
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MSEE degree is preferred.
• Must have professional EDA or IC design experience in Physical Design or Place and Route, including hands-on experience with one or more of the following tools: Mentor ( Olympus-SoC), Synopsys ( ICC/ICC2), Cadence ( SoC Encounter, Innovus), Magma ( Talus, BlastFusion)
• Must have a strong understanding of Netlist-to-GDS flow and experience in the areas of Floor planning, placement, CTS, routing, signal integrity, static timing analysis and optimization. A thorough understanding and full involvement in implementation of these phases in the physical design flow for large digital ASIC or COT flow SoC (System-on-Chip) designs is required.
• Experience with a scripting language such as tcl, perl is preferred.
• Preference for 5+ years of demonstrated success within a software sales environment and a proven track record of promoting and supporting sales growth and new business development.
• Must have a clear understanding of competitive products, excellent communication skills and have a high motivation to learn leading edge technologies.
• Must be creative, persistent, and possess problem solving skills that avoid project stalls.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.