Mentor, A Siemens Business UX Designer - 8271 in Newbury, United States
UX Designer - 8271
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: UX Designer - 8271
Job Location: UK - Newbury
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the design of compelling experiences for users of our products. They will possess strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills. They will be responsible for shaping how the products are designed, both through direct contribution and coaching and collaboration with product groups.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting usability testing
- Helping product teams creating wireframes and storyboards as well as developing them themselves
- Helping product teams develop user personas and mapping their metal models of the tasks
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Work closely with our UI framework development team to ensure all product groups have access to flexible UI components that be composed into engaging experiences
- Creating collateral and guidance to support the institutionalisation of the above activities in our product design process
- Create icons and splash screens as required
- The successful candidate will have experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as wire-framing and story boarding tools (from Powerpoint to their own preferences).
Professional experience and skills:
- Ideally 2-3 years proven experience.