Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Engineer - 8862 in Novi, Michigan
Software Engineer - 8862
Work Location US - MI, Novi
Req ID 8862
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Engineer - 8862
Job Location: US - MI - Novi
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
- Essential Responsibilities of a Software Engineer:
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggers, emulators, compilers, etc.).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Experience using hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer/internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs.
- Develop high quality software code based on designs.
- Perform extensive unit and system level testing to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Documents software based designs and algorithms for both developers and customers.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- Bachelors/ Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or technical equivalent.
- Embedded software development experience.
- C/C++ experience.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded and multi-processor environment.
- Working with version control systems such as GIT or SVN.
- Working knowledge of I2C, RS232, SPI or other serial interfaces.
- Working knowledge of QNX, Embedded Linux, and other commercial/open source RTOS platforms.
- Experience using Matlab, Octave, SciPy or similar mathematical tools.
- Knowledge of fixed-point DSP programming.
- General familiarity with audio processing techniques.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Lua, Python, etc.
- Exposure to a range of DSP platforms.
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.