Mentor, A Siemens Business QA/Test Engineer - 8479 in Pune, India
QA/Test Engineer - 8479
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: QA/Test Engineer - 8479
Job Location: India - Pune
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
The Valor Division provides software to eliminate mistakes, reduce costs, and accelerate and optimize designs prior to actual fabrication and assembly. We now have an opportunity to establish a QA/Test Team in Noida, India and are looking for a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting engineers to be part of the of the QA/Test process as we move forward in the evolution of the Next Generation Process Preparation product family and other Valor Engineering Solutions. The purposes of the role is:
- To ensure that all future releases of the Process Preparation product family are fully tested ensuring high quality product releases
- Be part of the team that is charted to create and ensure compliance of a comprehensive test environment for Valor Engineering Solutions
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct product capability testing to include feature, system and flow-level testing
- Assist in performance, installation and platform testing
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate defects and perform Root Cause Analysis to prevent similar problems
- Assist in the creation and implementation of test plans, test cases and automated tests/scripts
- Work closely with the software developers to ensure the development of high quality code
Applications are invited from high-caliber individuals with the following profile:
- 3-5 Years of experience in a QA/Test role
- Degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Significant knowledge and practical experience in software test methodology including automated test processes
- Possess scripting skill (e.g., perl, java, etc)
- Have the ability to use debugger tools to investigate defects
- Be able to analyze source code for code coverage exercises
- Excellent English communication skills; both verbal and written. Especially being able to communicate effectively with management on software issues and how that may impact service.
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices
- Ability to work independently and overcome challenging problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a development team.
- Ability to contribute proactively in a positive way with all members of the project team.