Mentor, A Siemens Business Functional Verification Account Technology Manager - 9547 in San Diego, California
Functional Verification Account Technology Manager - 9547
Work Location US - CA, San Diego
Req ID 9547
Job Category Applications Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Functional Verification Account Technology Manager - 9547
Job Location: USA - CA – San Diego
Job Category: Applications Engineering
The Account Technology Manager (ATM) is responsible for development and execution of the strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for digital functional verification products (Questa platform) within the territory.
The ATM will also need to drive the priorities of all Functional Verification Product Line opportunities in the territory and provide a clear prioritization for resource allocation to the field technical resource management and BU. This person will thus be responsible for maintaining up-to-date data for tracking engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining the technical account plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, proliferation and strategic development partnerships with customers in the territory. This person will work closely with the Account Manager to develop this plan and the Account Manager must ultimately approve this plan. Growth through competitive replacement is a key focus of this role. This person is expected to uncover and qualify competitive replacement opportunities, work with Account Manager to develop technical campaign, secure technical resource and buy-in from both Field technical management and BU, and drive the campaign to closure.
Develop the overall FV product strategy along with the Field technical management to achieve business targets and strategic objectives based on WTO and BU needs. Business targets and strategic objectives are defined by WTO in conjunction with the BU. The strategy to achieve those business targets requires the construction of a top-down and bottom-up plan account by account within a territory (including calling out strategy to capture unidentified business in that territory).
• Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the results. The strategy and plans for each account must be approved by the Account Manager.
• Lead and manage the account campaigns for the specific product line.
• Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, solving the customer’s problem.
• Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns
• Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs plan across multiple accounts effectively
• Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives
• Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor in product / technology
• Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities
• BS Degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of related experience.
• Financial understanding
• Organizational knowledge
• Product, market, and industry knowledge in functional verification technology
• Negotiating skills
• Prospecting/uncovering skills
• Demand creation
• Create and maintain technical campaigns
• Set appropriate expectations and decision criteria
• Bring technical campaigns to successful closure
• Positive relationship with account management
• Positive relationships with field technical organization
• Positive relationships with business unit R&D and Marketing
• Professional customer presence
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.