Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Developer (Python, Git, Linux) - 9721 in Saskatoon, Canada
Software Developer (Python, Git, Linux) - 9721
Work Location CA - Saskatoon
Req ID 9721
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Developer (Python, Git, Linux) - 9721
Job Location: Canada - SK - Saskatoon
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
We are looking for talented software developers (Python) to join our technical team at the Saskatoon research & development site of Mentor, A Siemens Business. We develop leading-edge chip design software that is used by some of the world’s largest technology companies.
At Mentor, we develop custom software to solve problems in circuit verification, design automation, and other specialized fields within the semiconductor industry. Solutions are found through approaches such as machine learning, statistical analysis, and advanced (and patented!) techniques. You will be working at the cutting-edge of software development with industry-leading customers at one of the largest companies in the world.
This position is located in brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at Innovation Place in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
• Use Python to develop software that addresses some of the world’s most challenging problems.
• Work with our top-notch technical team, here in Saskatoon and around the world, to ensure our leading electronic design automation software products evolve to meet the changing expectations of our customers.
• Collaborate directly with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to define, develop, and deliver new products and product features.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively develop high-quality software in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated expertise in some or all of the following: Python, Linux, testing, source control (Git), algorithms, debugging, profiling, GUI design (Qt)
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) demonstrated through software documentation (commit messages, docstrings, etc), collecting customer requirements, and communicating with team members.
• A team player; an ability to provide and be receptive of constructive feedback (through code reviews, design iteration, verification process) and to provide mentorship to junior developers.
• Customer-focused; ability to prioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI.
• Willingness to learn and interested in new challenges.
• Nice-to-have expertise: C++, statistics (Monte Carlo analysis), test automation, transistor-level circuit design, EDA CAD tools, SQL, and release management.