Mentor, A Siemens Business Field Product Manager - 8951 in Seoul, South Korea
Field Product Manager - 8951
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Field Product Manager - 8951
Job Location: South Korea - Seoul
Job Category: Product Marketing
The Field Product Manager´s primary job is to represent the electronics cooling product lines (simulation SW and test HW) in the region with a focus on enabling sales and maintaining a competitive position for the products in the portfolio. This stretches from understanding the target customer segments and their business drivers, needs and requirements, and mapping these with the portfolio elements through demonstrating the product value and benefits for the customers to selecting individual HW and SW elements for the workflow of a specific customer. The role requires regular customer visits, presentation for users and at technical conferences. The Field Product Manager works closely with the sales (direct and distributors), participates in special/critical pre-sales activities. Additionally the Field Product Manager also collects and channels input and ideas for product development, and is involved in specifying the technical content of custom HW set-ups.
Primary: The primary responsibility is maintaining and improving the regional market position of the products in the portfolio, promoting them internally and externally and supporting the sales and marketing organizations in their related efforts by offering technology and market expertise.
Secondary: Additionally the Field Product Manager provides requests and inputs for product development and product roadmap definition.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or related field, industry experience in electronics thermal simulation, test and thermal design, along with:
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience, including 3-5 years’ experience in industrial product management or technical product marketing or field application engineering
- International exposure in a partly customer facing technical role (technical product management or technical marketing or technical sales or similar)
- Good understanding of the global semiconductor industry and the electronics cooling domain (tools and applications, manufacturers, users, use cases, issues, trends)
- Specific knowledge of the general electronics, vehicle- and power electronics, and semiconductor industries in China, Korea, Taiwan and relevant other countries of the Pacific Rim
- Experience in enabling the sales of technical products (HW and SW), discovering potential user-groups and mapping their requirements to the product portfolio
- Track record of identifying and presenting the customer benefits and the value of product features
- Other preferred skills: knowledge of the measurement instrument and/or CFD market
- Customer oriented, good in building relationships, can influence and motivate others
- Fluent in English with excellent and credible communication and presentation skills. A working knowledge of Chinese and/or Korean language is a huge plus.