Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Engineer (C++, digital logic) - 8749 in Waltham 2, Massachusetts
Software Engineer (C++, digital logic) - 8749
Work Location US - MA, Waltham 2
Req ID 8749
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Engineer (C++, digital logic) - 8749
Job Location: USA – MA - Waltham
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor, a Siemens Business, enables companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively.
Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. We are looking for a highly motivated R&D software engineer to work in our Mentor office in Waltham, MA, right outside of Boston.
You will be working in a team that provides visibility for every signal in the circuit designs under verification by extracting, manipulating, and modeling the data from hardware. Your work will be mostly in C++ on Linux. Occasionally you will write system level tests in Verilog/VHDL that use software simulation tools. This position will include interaction with other software teams as well as hardware teams in an international, multi-site, and development environment. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complex problems and developing innovative solutions.
- MS or PHD in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++.
- Experience with algorithm and data structure design.
- Understanding of gate level digital logic design.
- Understanding of a Hardware Description Language (Verilog/VHDL).
- Excel both in a team-oriented development and working independently.
- Experience in software development tools (Git, gdb, etc.).
- Experience with software testing methods (boost unit tests, etc).
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.