Mentor, A Siemens Business IT Category Specialist - 6849 in Wilsonville, Oregon
IT Category Specialist - 6849
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 6849
Job Category Operations
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title:IT Category Specialist- 6849
Job Location: US – OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Operations
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Primary Purpose :
The purpose of this role is to drive a culture of spending discipline for certain sub-categories in IT via the employment of efficient, effective and best in class strategic sourcing, contract management, negotiation and supplier management practices and leveraging identified company implemented technology.
• Develop sustainable sourcing strategies for sub-categories within the IT category that include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, and strategic importance, etc.
• Implement appropriate sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives, control the company’s purchased goods & services costs and to assure an adequate source of supply
• Negotiate and manage all contracts and agreements for assigned commodities ensuring the relentless pursuit of cost savings and favorable terms
•Manage suppliers, total cost, quality, and delivery performance
• Ensure adherence to the appropriate purchase order process, contract approval workflow, invoice matching and procurement processes / policies within the organization
Kn owledge, Skills & Abilities:
•Bachelor’s degree in business or technology and 3-5 years of procurement / supply chain experience
• Positive can-do attitude, enthusiasm, attention to details
• Persuasive, encouraging and motivating and also flexible during times of change
• Strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills
• Experience with SAP, eSourcing and Contract Management software desired. Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.