Mentor, A Siemens Business License Compliance Researcher - 9843 in Wilsonville, Oregon
License Compliance Researcher - 9843
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 9843
Job Category Corporate Marketing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: License Compliance Researcher - 9843
Job Location: USA – OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: License Compliance Researcher
Mentor, a Siemens Business, is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Reporting to the License Compliance (LC) Manager, this position is responsible for the investigation and identification of non-compliant organizations to drive recovery associated with the use of pirated software. Researcher conducts accurate and robust data research and analysis on non-compliant organizations and supplies released cases to LC Manager and/or Sales for follow up. Ideal candidates have market/corporate research and intelligent strategies combined with data analytics.
• Data analysis combining disparate data sets to identify organizations using pirated software
• Summarizing evidence for LC Manager in piracy report for collection/remedy of illegal license usage
• Routing cases on weekly basis to Mentor Graphics Sales and Partners
• Triages research work to focus on the highest value cases in regions with the highest probability of closing
• Provides support through the life-cycle of the case as needed and ensures LC Manager understands the analysis and how to use the infringement data to communicate with the potential License Compliance target
• Provides reporting to LC Country and/or Zone LC Directors on case progress as required
• Attends training or coaching events within the License & Compliance team and shares research methodology with peers and managers
• Contributes to Zone and Global LC initiatives as directed
• 5+ years experience including time in a multi-national company
• BA, BS degree or relevant work experience required; MBA, a plus
• Experience with and knowledge of license compliance program for a technical software company a plus
• Self-starter who prioritizes multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Investigative mindset and lateral thinking ability with attention to detail
• Ability to work with multiple system including MS Office, Piracy systems, SAP and SalesForce both as a user and for report building
• Experience using reporting and visualization tools (Business Objects, Qlikview, Tableau)
• Effective use of web research tools such as internet domain registries, reverse DNS lookups
• Strong presentation, project management and organization skills
• Ability to self-prioritize research work or perform research according to need.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.