Mentor, A Siemens Business Senior Financial Planning Analyst - 9820 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Senior Financial Planning Analyst - 9820
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 9820
Job Category Finance
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Financial Planning Analyst - 9820
Job Location: USA – OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Finance
Mentor, a Siemens Business, is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, enjoy contributing to a high-performance team, and possess strong technical capabilities and excellent communication skills?
Part financial analyst, business analyst, and data analyst, this position provides a unique opportunity as a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team reporting to the FP&A Manager. In this role you will be responsible for proactively supporting the forecasting and planning processes as well as other high visibility analysis projects through cross functional collaboration and analysis.
• Support Mentor Forecasting and Planning Processes, including providing guidance & support to analyst community, roll up & analysis of Mentor Forecasts & Plan.
• Assist in variance analysis, financial data mining & reporting for specific tracking initiatives
• Providing metric based reporting and ad-hoc analysis on the business
• Hyperion Planning administration & support – help maintain finance data, and roles, & forecasts within Hyperion planning application. Provide technical support as needed to analyst community.
• Acting as a trusted advisor when creating presentation material regarding the performance of the business
• Creating innovative and insightful analysis and data visualizations
• Ad-hoc finance related analysis
• Participate in brainstorming & creating recommendations for next generation forecasting and planning processes and applications within a combined PL/Mentor process.
• An undergraduate degree in, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or related field
• MBA or Masters of Finance preferred, but not required
• 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience preferred, including experience in a business partnering role and the ability to work with all levels of staff and executive management
• Proven top performer with exceptional work, never missing deadlines, working well within a team AND independently to achieve superior results
• Advanced technical skillset: Excel, PowerPoint, Qlikview, Business Objects, Hyperion, SAP, modelling
• A demonstrated drive for independently acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful
• Demonstrated experience in modelling, applying data manipulation, data mining, and advanced analytic techniques, producing insightful not just factual conclusions
• An inquisitive nature of exploring, asking questions, and seeking answers to complex business problems
• The ability to thrive in an environment with multiple and shifting priorities
• Enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude
The ideal candidate will be able to partner cross-functionally within both Mentor and PL, apply analytical techniques to solve challenging problems, use critical thinking to provide in-depth analysis, and make recommendations based upon sound judgment.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.