Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Development Engineer - IIT - 9690 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Software Development Engineer - IIT - 9690
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 9690
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Development Engineer - IIT - 9690
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join a tight-knit and productive team supporting layout viewing and editing tools. These high-capacity and high-performance tools are a key part of the industry-leading Calibre platform and key to our customers’ success in building chips for the semiconductor industry.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging and supporting high-capacity and performance layout viewing and editing tools. Challenges will include computational geometry, threading, workflow optimization, multi-platform support, and ease-of-use. You will be part of a group of senior software engineers contributing to new components and algorithms and supporting existing components.
You will collaborate with quality assurance, technical publications, marketing, and customer support to deliver high-quality products on schedule. You will participate in scheduling and estimation of tasks, and assist in defining and developing software development best practices. Self-motivation, the desire to take technical ownership, and a results-driven positive attitude and team-orientation will contribute to your success in our business unit.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Familiarity with software engineering principles in a C/C++, Unix environment
- Strong analysis, design and problem solving skills, along with object-oriented programming experience
Knowledge and prior experience in the following areas is desired:
- Knowledge of IC layout principles and databases
- Knowledge of multi-threaded software development
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages (Tcl/Python preferred)
- Proven attention to detail, the ability to estimate software tasks and to work to schedule
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.